Pages

March 25, 2011

Review Friday- Paint Anyone?

Thought I would share with you one of my favourite acrylic paint and medium manufacturing companies, Nova Color.  Golden fluid and heavy bodied make up the majority of my paints but Nova Color has some amazing choices and when it comes to mediums I use theirs almost exclusively.  When you see their prices you will understand why, not to mention that they preform extremely well.

I first heard about this little company through Kelly Kilmer, when I first began Art Journaling a few years back.  Unlike Kelly, I use their paints full strength for my work unless glazing.  Oh and don't overlook some of their funky 'Fluorescent' paints.  I just got their Fluorescent Blue (transparent) and oh my gosh it is a new favourite, it's such a light yummy blue and blends so beautifully over other colours.  Also love their 'F' pink and can see I will be adding more of the fluorescents to my stash.  Their Quinacridone Violet (transparent), Alizarin Crimson Hue, Transparent Red Oxide, Antique Copper are among those I use constantly.  I have a colour sample page (upon request) in which they have actually painted a small amount of each colour onto the sheet so you really get a feel for what you are ordering.  Don't overlook their Iridescence, Metallics and Interference Peal lines either.

When it comes to mediums, as I said I buy almost everything from them and have not been disappointed.  Their Gessoes are dreamily creamy and thick, varnishes, gels, texture pastes, coarse lava, all of them are excellent and you cannot beat their prices.

Something that is not listed on the website but is available are plastic jars & bottles in various sizes.  I buy 4oz Squeeze Bottles with tops to pour their paints in for easy use, for .60 cents each, they also have 8 oz size for .85 cents. If you need to go big because you buy paint by the Quart or Gallon  they have lidded jars and pails to fit your needs.   When ordering I request these bottles using their 'special instructions' section when checking out and they add it to my order.  Check out their Q& A for a listing of their various products and other helpful comparisons and tips.

I don't know about you but I love it when I find a great product or in this case an entire line of them, and want others to know about it too.  Happy shopping!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...