Pages

March 18, 2011

Networking & Junked Art

I'm currently listening to a great conversation between Rice of Voodoo Cafe and Jen Cushman of Creative Mixed Media.  They are talking about using the social networking tools to promote yourself and your art.  Great conversation, with valuable information, do take the time to tune in.  Jen gives you get advice on using your blog, Facebook and Twitter to connect you to an artist community and as a marketing tool.  I know I've enjoyed the networking community with blogging and Facebook, but Twitter is a world I've not entered yet!

I've been working on a new piece all week, got it to several places of doneness, hung it up to get some perspective on it and would hate it each time.  How can a piece look so cool up close with all the wonderful marble like textures and colour then look so blah from across the room?  I'd take it down do some glazing, add more contrast, rehang and still blah.  Then I went one glaze colour too far and there just was no recovering.  Out came the gesso.  Although the colour is way off on these pictures, the real thing is just as horrid, or was, it's now sporting a fresh coat of pure white :-)  Ah the joys and frustrations of creating!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...