Pages

January 26, 2011

Young Artists

Just had to share this, my grand-daughter Grace took second place in 'Coloured Art,' for the Carleton County's Royal Canadian Legion Colouring & Essay contest.  It included entries from grade levels 4-6.  Her picture will be entered in the provincial and from there the national if she places and will be displayed in the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa.  She received a certificate, a print of her picture, ribbon & pin plus a cash prize.

She was thrilled as am I.  When I asked her if she felt like a real artist, she said yes! I also pointed out that at the age of 9 she received her first payment for her art :-)

Picture quality is poor, but that's my girl in the middle and the second in from the right in large group picture.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...