Pages

April 17, 2014

Process And Productivity


It's a deep freeze out there this morning!


The loft it bright and welcoming though, so all is well in my world.  


Finished this one and am starting the process of textures and layering on the large 48x48" hanging from my bookcase, plus one on the easel.  I made an investment in canvases last week, great sale locally on gallery wrap 3 for the price of 1.  It required some major reorganizing in the loft to make space and to create a workable area for the large sizes.  I now have the tall table set up so I can work from both sides and can now also hang the canvas as I don't have an easel that can handle the large sizes well.

Anyway, love how my medallion like piece turned out, very Mayan/Game of Thrones looking, but do you think I can come up with a name!  I suck at coming up with names, what can I say, have a feel for the piece but names just don't come to me easily.

Also finished this little 12x12"


Something to think about...

"Each of us has our own unique creative time clock.  Some like to work away steadily and neatly from start to finish, while others delay till the last minute and build up energy that essentially blasts them into a tumultuous process of creating. There are also people who plunge into the work at the beginning with large aspirations, and then hit serious obstacles.  No matter what your style may be, impediments are an inevitable part of the creative process. It can be helpful to think of the obstacles as a necessary part of the process rather than as hindrances to it."  Trust The Process, Shaun McNiff



http://www.brendathebeauabstracts.com/130.html
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...