Pages

November 29, 2012

Artist Software

Rhapsody II - This little 12x12" is up for sale on my website $40. Though I'm not use to working small I am enjoying the smaller format.  

While paintings are in various stages of drying I've been busy using some new software for artist to keep track of their inventory and client/mailing lists called Flick. I'd been trying to use a spreadsheet when I came across this option, inexpensive and just what I need at this point in the game.  I love that with each entry I can include photos of the piece, lets face it after a while you wonder, Rhapsody II? What the heck is that one like!  Don't know about you but titles for pieces can begin to merge and I need the visual reminder.  You can enter all kinds of details about the piece as well as where it might be displayed, if it's sold or in stock, link it to clients in your client/mailing list, pricing , etc.  It allows you to do all kinds of searches, using key words you create, like 'gallery' it will show you a list of all the works you have in galleries as well as the normal, sold in stock.  Well, you get the picture check it out for yourself, it's been well worth my $29.95.  I know there are other wonderful software out there for artists, but if you are like me, looking for something visual to help keep track of your inventory, pricing and mailing list and easy to use then you might want to check Flick out.

Here's a little something to think about from Jack White:

"The rule of thumb on prints is this: your originals need to be ten times more expensive than your reproductions.  I see a lot of artists with a garage full of originals who are still going down the print road. Until you sell more originals than you can paint, don’t spend any money on producing prints. Even with print on demand, you still have quite an investment in a small inventory. Here is an axiom you should write out and hang on your easel.  If you are not selling most of your originals then stay away from prints."  Jack White, Old Dogs (article) 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...