Pages

June 30, 2012

A Little Series

I do believe this might be my first successful series, I start out thinking I'll do more along a certain theme but the next one just doesn't seem to happen.  Go figure.  They are also the smallest thing I've ever painted.

These are a series of backgrounds done on watercolour paper, always love doing these because I just have at it with lush colour, various spray and texturing techniques.  While these dry, I lay out some wax-paper and rip up random pieces of tissue paper that I lay on the wax paper then out comes my watercolour and acrylic inks and my water bottle sprayer.  It's always a delight to see how the colours bloom and blend and bleed.  When everything is dry I can then take the painted tissue paper and begin to weave them onto my background paper creating the loose effect of mountain ranges in this case.  The most challenging part for me is to then get them cut and glued onto my canvases!  Straight lines and careful matches will always challenge me :-)

Today I start the painting process on a couple of mixed-media pieces that I have prepped this week.

Happy Canada Day celebrations to my fellow Canucks! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...