Pages

August 3, 2011

'Rise Up!' Completed

'Rise Up!' 24 X 36" Mixed Media
Took a moment in-between thunder storms last night to work on this post.  It's been a summer full of thunder storms and fierce lightening, talk about natures 'light show' it's eerily magnificent.  This from a woman who's bed was set on fire and ring melted on her finger when she was a kid!  The lightening burst from the wall outlet to the springs in the bed and jumped to the ring on my finger on it's way.  Talk about a wake up call!

Anyway I believe I've finished my teal canvas that I've called 'Rise Up!'  I'm quite pleased with the lighting show I've created with this piece and love how the golden metallic ink, a tip from artist, Maxine Masterfield highlights Mary Beth Shaw gears stencil.  As Zom would say, "now this look like something I would do!" It's a Brenda and I'm pretty happy with it's final evolution.  I will see what daylight brings when it comes to pictures, but in the meantime these evening shots will have to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...