Pages

August 18, 2011

Palette Knife Painting

Tried something new, palette knife painting.  Although I use a palette knife a lot I've never done a piece using only the palette knife. It's a very different process and I felt as awkward as a cow in the wrong stall!  And yes cows do know which stall is their's and it's bedlam in the barn when someone moves into the wrong space, use to get quite a chuckle out of it as a kid the odd time it happened.

This is a 12 x 12" deep sided canvas and a great size for me to get my fingers wet using the palette knife.  Some accent work left to do yet, but  I have a whole new appreciate for the artists who create such amazing pieces using their palette knives, I don't expect to be one of them :-)

I used a number of paints from the Matisse line on this piece and the more I use them the more I love how they work.  In fact there are some of their colour line I'd never want to be without.  Like their Transparent Umber, I've not found another line of paint that can match this wonderfully rich and versatile colour, it's unique to the Matisse line in my opinion. I also used Matisse Bronze to highlight the big doodle I created as a focal point, boy do I love their metallics.  You'll noticed I used some of my decorative paper as an accent, fun.

Hope you're having a fun week too!

StudioJRU







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...