Pages

June 7, 2011

Inspirational Messes

How is it even possible that every inch of working spaces I have are loaded?  Doesn't seem to take long or maybe it's because progress has been slow that things are in such a mess.

We all have our ways of working, and one of mine I'm discovering is that I have to let a piece hang for a time before I know I'm done.  Putting it up on a wall gives me a whole new perspective and I begin to catch the little details that need fixing, additions or some alteration.

Recently Maxine Masterfield, one of my favourite experimental artists posted some pictures of her latest work, Daisy, 2 years in the making!  I found that encouraging to know that my few weeks to a few months fall in that 2 year range :-)  Mind you Maxine was working on a whole new concept and I'm sure that accounted for the long period of time before she felt it was complete.

I have Maxine's books and DVD, the woman is a pioneer in experimental abstract art, and just recently she has posted pictures of new works on her facebook,  they have the most amazing effects, like nothing I have ever seen before.

I'm no Masterfield, but I find great inspiration from artist like her, they encourage me to be bold and experiment within my own capacity and style.    
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...