Pages

May 27, 2011

Strata Progression

Don't know about you but I find it fascinating to see how an artist develops a project they are working on.  A number of fellow bloggers will share how they follow one idea, technique after another, Cindy with her amazing realism, Zom another amazing Aussie artist, Rice and her one of a kind clothing remakes, among the many talented artist who's blogs I follow.

So here is my update on the strata piece I'm working on.  The biggest change came when I used a piece of sheer multi coloured material on the upper portion and a small stripe towards the bottom. In the upper left I have a hand stencil done in gel drying that will add some interest to the piece. I've added some black shimmery aluminum oxide  my bro in-law gave me (he uses it for sand blasting.) In fact he's given me some fun metal shavings in indigo blue, bronze and  copper that I hope to use somewhere in this piece.  Or at least a little :-) Then I got out my copper and bronze inks and did some strizzling to create a nice luminous effect under coming layers of glazes.  The various coloured glazes are what I'm preparing to do next, love the effects I've been getting by alternating between transparent & opaque, warm and cool tones as well.

The colours in the photo don't fully match up with the actual, but you get the idea.  Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...