Pages

January 13, 2011

Longing

January has not been the productive month that I had hoped for, or that many of you are having.  I'm afraid some nasty virus grabbed my immune system and decided to wrestle it to the ground.  I'll spare you the details.

When I can I've been working on the large abstract with all the spray foam texture.  Adding small strokes of metallic through out has really enhanced it, rather reminds me of a bed of coral in blue/green oceans.  My camera just won't pick up the halo effects of the metallic but I'm hoping my daughter can do some shots for me soon.

Worked on a few journal pages, something I've not done much of this past year.  A quote really grabbed me by the gut and wouldn't let go.  I pondered it's truth for me long and hard, it's from the Narnia movie, Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  Caspian said words to this effect,

"I've spent too long wanting what was taken from me and not what I was given."

Life if full of hard knocks, and great losses and we can get stuck there, because we don't know how to take the hard knock walk...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...