Pages

May 6, 2012

Just Begin-Then Finish!


'Affinity' 20x24" Mixed-Media on Gallery Wrap Canvas-SOLD
My sister Kellie shared some things David DuChemin said in his e-book, "Vision Is Better 2"  They are hard hitting truths worth sharing.

"How great your idea is means almost nothing without the will to carry it out."
"The trap lies in thinking that coming up with the ideas is where the value is.  It isn't.  The value lies in your ability to execute."
"We sometimes get paralyzed by too many options.  A million ideas and we're stuck because we can't pick one.  Stop it.  Pick one.  Move forward.
Because picking the "wrong one" and getting it done puts you in motion and is better than doing nothing at all  Just begin."
"Don't let your piles of notes and your great sounding ideas lull you into thinking you're making progress.  You make progress when you begin."
"Most of us don't need more inspiration.  We need to begin acting on the inspiration we've already been given."

Added a few more rings to the centre of this piece along with some collage elements before calling it done.  I think it improved the overall look of the design. Hope so because I now have it listed in my Art Gallery page and facebook! (NOTE: Affinity sold shortly after I posted it on FB. Yeah!)

NOTE: Now that I figured out that changing the format for my comments box allows me to reply to individuals comments I am doing just that.  If you've left me comments in the last couple of posts know that I am appreciative and have responded to your willingness to share :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...