Pages

October 6, 2014

Details and Design

Almost done, adding a little more texture to the top 3rd panel :-)
Things are shaping up with some pieces I've been working on.  A commissioned piece is on the edge of being done. At this point I like to put them up where I can see them as I go about my day, it's amazing what I see or notice once they are on a wall that I just don't pick up while they lay flat on my work table.  It's those little details that can effect and improve the overall design or finish with a piece.

It's odd, what this creative process brings out of me that is not really a part of my every day world.  I'm not one to notice a lot of details, most times I'm lost in my own little world of thought and a lot goes unnoticed by me, including people I might pass by!  I've said it so many times already, but truly it's all about the process for me, once I've worked my way through a piece, generally I'm ready to release it and move on to the next.  I love how present I have to be each moment as I create, to see intricate patterns that help form and move the design along.  Perhaps that's why so many artist come back to 'finished' pieces with new insight and then add that missing something or rework it completely.

Hidden Passages Detail
Creating changes you, it works from within.  When I first began this journey 5 years ago, I created an abstracted Joshua Tree, when I looked up some facts about this tree, a unique fact jumped out at me and grabbed hold of my spirit and has become my mantra,  "Joshua trees usually do not branch until after they bloom"  Bloom then Branch feels etched on my soul, just as I've etched it onto my work table, let the creative process have it's way and the branching will come naturally in it's time.

Hidden Passages
Well, I have paintings waiting and I've rambled enough! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...