Pages

May 20, 2014

Creative Explorations!

Spring is lagging behind a little this year, we had an extra long winter with lots of snow so everything is a few weeks behind.  My hubby and his brother went fishing last week and found this running along the shore line!


I think my inner workings has matched itself up with that delayed schedule!  Well, that's my reasoning and I'm sticking to it!

I've been posting to Facebook some of the recent things I've been working on, but thought I'd share them on my blog today as well.   I'm thrilled with how this 24x30" came out!  This was a disaster piece done on cradled wood panel using pouring medium.  My table wasn't totally level and the thick layers and ribbons of colour and medium slide to one side!  One half looked good the other half a complete bust!  For awhile I thought my skilled hubby, was going to have to cut it down the middle and salvage one half of the panel.  It took some time thinking of all manner of ways to 'fix' such a huge area, then I came up with a plan, using  some different mediums and layering in new colour in repeated layerings.  The result thrilled this texture loving artist, and now I have a whole new technique of to explore!  You just never know where time and persistence is going to lead.  It's these kinds of challenges that the creative process does more to alter you as a person than you ever would have thought possible.  I'm not a determined person by nature, in fact among my family I'm known as "the weakest link!"


Speaking of determination, I finally made a decision about how I wanted to paint that big 48x48" not huge by some artists standards but it's a biggie for me.  I don't know about you, but I find myself going through times of wanting to work in a specific style or colour palette, this is one of those times.

I've been drawn to all things luminous and rusty and as the first "Reef" piece indicates oceans and coral.  So I went rustic on the big boy and love how it is shaping up.  Working on accent details now, but here is the basics.

"The continual use of my intuition in painting has taught me to respond to life's demands from a place of feelings and depth rather than from my thinking mind. Intuition has shown me how to respond rather than react."  Michele Cassou


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...