Pages

February 28, 2014

Putting Your 'Brave' On!



This week has been about being brave, or allowing freedom to have its way in my work.  I don't consider myself one of these daring, brave souls that rise to challenges and embrace adventure, but when it comes to exploring my creative voice I've had to grab onto what courage I can muster and push ahead.  It's what took me from working only in the pages of my journals, and onto canvas and from there into the public eye.  Frankly, knowing myself, I'm still shocked that it ever happened!

Anyway, ever since I started working with some resin, I've been wanting to do limited pours on my textured, painted backgrounds.  This was the week for doing it, and of all things to begin on, I chose to explore using the triptych I had begun, 24x54" is a lot of space for things to go wrong on!  Still it was just time, and as Michele Cassou in Point Zero says,

"The amount of freedom you experience is always a function of how much permission you give yourself."

I think that's true of many things we face in our lives, not just with creativity.  Although creativity does seem to be a catalyst for many inner realizations that often bring change to our exterior worlds.

"Creativity's purpose is to stir back to life what has fallen asleep, to cleanse and clear emotional residues, and to open passageways for blocked energy."  Michele Cassou

My 'spirit' certainly found freedom as I worked with my pours of metallic and interference paint and I've found an added expression of my creative voice, now to let that freedom spill over into other areas of my life.

I've only been able to share limited detail shots of this piece, portions of my pours are still drying so can't be moved as yet.  Hope all of you are finding yourself a little braver, a little more free in your lives  too!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...