Pages

January 30, 2011

Shine Baby Shine!

Reef  - acrylic abstract on 24" x 36" gallery wrapped canvas
Reef  - acrylic abstract on 24" x 36" gallery wrapped canvas
Well my daughter, Olivia, took some great shots of the latest canvas I'd been working on.  It was the first experiment with insolation foam for texture and it took a lot of work to get the mess I'd made down to something I felt I could work with. I've learned how to control the application of the foam better now, thank goodness.

As I worked with the cool colours it reminded me of a bed of coral and the deep blue sea.  I choose to varnish it using a hight sheen because I wanted to make those metallic and variances in colours pop.  Between the metallic and the hight gloss shine it made getting a good picture of the full canvas harder, but oh those macro shots she does, yummy!  
Reef Macro

It was a big hit with my grand-daughters they immediately wanted to know if I could do one like it for their rooms, in colours that would "go" of course (this from the 7 year old!)  So I said they could work with me and create their own, which was a big YES! They wanted to start working on it right away but had movie tickets so it had to wait.  Should be interesting.

One of the macro's is now my new blog background with others to follow when I'm ready to change it up.  Boy do I love having some great photographers in the family.  Thanks Liv, you make my art look spectacular!
Reef Macro

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...